Well before the Web, Usenet used to be the only way to waste time while writing a thesis. Much of the humor here dates to my grad student days in the late 1980's. Please note that I did not write most the articles linked here: I merely saved them from Usenet for posterity.
- What if computer users bought cars
- How to hunt an elephant
- Life before computers
- Geek nursery rhymes
- Hindi film songs to illustrate programming constructs (really)
- My geek humour
- Rapid reviews
- Understanding the university power structure
- Universal Grade Change Form
- Decoding professors
- Decoding letters of reference
- Advice I got from a referee of one my papers (quoted verbatim)
- Some polishing of the English is required. With a thoroughly reading, the authors can find the grammar mistakes.